PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) approached Wetpaint to raise brand awareness and generate traffic to their website around the Budget Speech 2016. The result of the campaign was to achieve recognition for PwC as the leader in all things Budget and generate downloads of the Tax Card produced after the Budget Speech that afternoon. Therefore, the campaign was only a single day – as 24 hours after the Budget Speech, it would be old news.
The target market consisted of:
- Medium to Large Corporates
- Financial institutes
Wetpaint believed if we could dominate the conversation online pre-Budget Speech, the engaged audience would continue to engage Post and download the Tax Card that day. The strategy was therefore to start the campaign 3 days prior to the Budget Speech and dominate and own the important financial portals. A predictions campaign commenced and a countdown to D-Day – with insights from key players at PwC as to what was to be expected from the Budget Speech. Therefore, the following platforms were used to engage with the target market:
- Google Adwords campaign commenced linked to Prediction videos on Youtube and PR articles
- Homepage Takeovers & banners were placed on Business Report, News24, Moneyweb, Fin 24, Financial Mail which drove to the Videos, PR articles and web landing page
- 702 and Cape Talk – ran Live reads and 30Sec spots driving listeners to the predictions videos for different business sectors, to ensure they were prepped for the aftermath of the Speech.
- Social Media platforms kicked off the same campaign on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.
The Roll out
The campaign commenced in the following manner:
- The Pre-Campaign commenced 3 days prior to the budget speech
- The Post-campaign switched 4 hours after the Speech, with the actual Tax Card for Download
- The Download campaign pushed across all platforms utilised for 24hours
- Retargeting allowed us to ensure we engaged with the already interested users as well as new potential users
The Result: KPIs and Return On Investment
Client gave Wetpaint specific targets and KPIs to meet, which were surpassed for the Marketing campaign:
- To exceed click-through numbers achieved in 2015
- To gain market share over the period from competitors
- To exceed downloads numbers from 2015 of the Tax Card